Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reflections and Resolutions: Happy Holidays, Ever Forwards

It been a while since my last post, and what a year it has been. Right now it remains a blur, so there is nothing to do but keep moving forward. I'm trying to enjoy the night, so I'll keep this short. If 08' was a bad year, 09' takes the cake. New Years Eve started off nice only to have New Years end in drama, marking the beginning of the end of a long friendship. Then, apprehensive and scared out my mind I got under the knife to repair a torn up knee from a simple pick up game; something I still haven't fully recovered from. School and work, well I'll just leave it at that. I'm not trying complain or say, "woe is me." but that's how the year went. Like my knee, I see it as a year or rebuilding and switching around the foundations I stand on. Having heard other people's 2009 woes, along with the current events of the world, I'd say it's a rebuilding year in general. Through all the loses, the ups and downs, I've learned a great deal: Your first love teaches you how to love, how to be loved, how to be a better you, and what not to tolerate; blood doesn't necessarily equal family, your true friends and family make it all worth while, It's not who you've know the longest, but who's never left your side, do what you love and never work another day in your life, most importantly find something to laugh about everyday, which is my resolution, along with being a more content individual. Much more than that, there's not a whole lot more I can say, but Happy New Year! There's much more to come! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Great post - very inspirational! Hope to see lots more in 20X. :-)

    ReplyDelete